The South Australian Government recognises the huge impact that COVID-19 has had on the tourism sector across regional South Australia.
The Tourism Industry Development Fund is designed to support and stimulate private sector investment in new and improved regional accommodation, and the development of quality tourism product and experiences. It aims to assist in the COVID recovery of regional tourism by encouraging regional operators to improve and diversify so they can attract more visitors and get a higher return on their offering.
Through the South Australian Tourism Commission, the State Government is committing $20 million to the Tourism Industry Development Fund over two years to support regional tourism in South Australia.
One of the key priorities highlighted across all regions in the South Australian Visitor Economy Sector Plan 2030, and the aligned South Australian Regional Visitor Strategy, identified that regional development such as new and refurbished accommodation, and improved tourism products and experiences are key strategic pillars to grow regional tourism.
The Tourism Industry Development Fund aims to:
- Improve tourism infrastructure and experiences that appeal to target markets
- Grow economic benefit via increased visitor expenditure
- Create new jobs and develop skills
- Encourage further development by the private sector in infrastructure and visitor facilities
- Encourage businesses to working collaboratively
- Implement sustainable business practices.
Applicants can seek grants from $20,000 to $500,000 (excluding GST) with a maximum of 30 per cent State Government grant of the total project value.
There are two streams in the Tourism Industry Development Fund, outlined below:
Stream 1: Regional Infrastructure Projects
- To develop or enhance tourism infrastructure, facilitate new private sector investment in building new accommodation or refurbishing existing properties within regional South Australia.
- To support private projects that require infrastructure build or upgrades to better provide a regional tourism experience such as new attractions.
Stream 2: Regional Product and Experience Development Projects
- To develop new products and/or enhance existing products and visitor experiences within regional South Australia.
- To support regional products and experiences that align with SATC’s marketing focus such as food and wine, nature and wildlife, cultural, coastal and outback, and soft adventure.
Applications open on 14 September 2020 and close on 31 March 2022.
For more information click on the links below or email TIDF@sa.gov.au .