Regional South Australians are being invited to take part in a review of regional telecommunications in Australia.
The Regional Telecommunications Review is an opportunity for people living and working outside of metropolitan areas to share their views and experiences about using telecommunications services in their area.
The Review Committee is keen to hear about telecommunications issues and opportunities including:
• the reliability of local mobile and broadband services
• the role of telecommunications during COVID-19 and natural disasters
• the effectiveness of Government programs
• how telecommunications can support regional development
• the potential of emerging communications technologies
• ways to help regional consumers get connected and use their connection
Members of the public can be part of the consultation process at the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications’ Have Your Say page, or email views or any questions about the review to email@example.com.
View the 2021 Review Issues Paper at communications.gov.au/have-your-say/2021-regional-telecommunications-review.
Consultation closes 30 September 2021.