The Disability Workforce Hub for Whyalla and Eyre Peninsula is an important initiative to help secure a sufficient and diverse workforce supply as the region moves towards full implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). It will operate as a ‘One Stop Shop’ model for organisations, workers and job seekers looking for support and assistance across the disability sector. The Hub will contribute to building workforce capacity and capability, ensuring local people are employed and to help Regional South Australian employers secure skilled and experienced workers.
ROLE. Key objectives of this position include:
- Connect disability sector employers and suitable job seekers, including through intermediaries such as employment service providers, higher education providers and vocational education and training (VET) organisations;
- Build the capacity of career services practitioners to provide specialist career guidance to individuals wishing to work in the disability sector;
- Support local employers to identify and address their workforce development needs, with a focus on workforce supply.
PERSON. The successful candidate will possess:
- A high level of verbal and written communication and marketing skills;
- Excellent consultation and negotiation skills in facilitating economic development;
- Ability to work harmoniously within a small team;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Appropriate tertiary business related qualifications;
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining effective relationships and networks;
- Experience in undertaking research and analysis and providing recommendations in relation to business issues.
SALARY: An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful applicant.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Further information and a detailed job description is available by contacting Paula Wilson on (08) 8645 7811 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must address the Essential Skills, Attributes and Knowledge criteria outlined within the job specification in a separate document. Include an up to date resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm, 16 October 2017