About the Job
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Whyalla Office)
REGION: Eyre Peninsula is a vast and unspoiled region stretching from Spencer Gulf to the Nullarbor and Gawler Ranges to Lincoln National Park. The region is famous for its magnificent coastlines, fabulous fishing, superb seafood and relaxed lifestyle. It is rich in opportunities with major developments occurring in mining, renewable energy, aquaculture and tourism. The region has excellent facilities for housing, education, health, sport and recreation.
ORGANISATION: Regional Development Australia (RDA) is an Australian Government initiative established to encourage partnership between all levels of government and industry to enhance the growth and development of Australia’s regional communities.
Regional Development Australia Whyalla and Eyre Peninsula is the peak body driving the expansion and growth of economic activity across Eyre Peninsula
POSITION: The Economic Development Manager will be based in modern office premises in Whyalla. The successful applicant will be a decisive, self-driven, results orientated individual with broadly developed management skills, capable of establishing directions and facilitating economic activity as part of a highly motivated team.
The position will be responsible for the development and implementation of regional economic development strategies and key project initiatives. Key requirements include well developed skills and experience in the following areas:
- Excellent people management skills
- Advanced communication, public relations and marketing skills
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Practical experience in business and financial management
- Ability to work with Local, State and Federal Governments
- Implementation of economic development projects and programs and the capacity to deal effectively with business, industry and community organisations
- Public relations – working with the media and public speaking
- Team leadership.
SALARY: A performance based contract , with an attractive salary package .
JOB DESCRIPTION: Contact Roger Paul on (08) 8682 6588 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be in writing, directed to the Chief Executive Officer and must address the key elements in the job description.
Applications close 30th March 2018