The National Jobs and Skills Summit held on 1 and 2 September 2022, was to bring together Australians, including unions, employers, civil society and governments, to address the shared economic challenges.
The Summit’s focus was on:
- keeping unemployment low, boosting productivity and incomes
- delivering secure, well-paid jobs and strong, sustainable wages growth
- expanding employment opportunities for all Australians including the most disadvantaged
- addressing skills shortages and getting our skills mix right over the long term
- improving migration settings to support higher productivity and wages
- maximising jobs and opportunities from renewable energy, tackling climate change, the digital economy, the care economy and a Future Made in Australia
- and ensuring women have equal opportunities and equal pay.
To read the outcomes, click here: Jobs and Skills Summit Outcomes