Expressions of interest are invited for positions on an important fisheries advisory committee to provide advice to the Minister on the management of South Australia’s most prominent shared access fishery.
The closing date for expressions of interest has been extended and now closes 9am on Monday 9 August 2021.
The Marine Scalefish Fishery Management Advisory Committee (MSFMAC) will replace the Snapper Management Advisory Committee and provide advice on the day to day management of the commercial marine scalefish, charter boat and recreational fisheries. The MSFMAC will play a vital role in the development, review and implementation of shared access fisheries management plans.
Expressions of interest are now being sought for the following roles:
- Independent chair – remunerated
- Independent economist – remunerated
- Independent fisheries scientist – remunerated.
- Marine Scalefish commercial fishery members
- Charter Boat fishery member
- Rock Lobster commercial fishery member
- Aboriginal traditional fishing member
- Conservation member.
For more detail on the positions and selection criteria Marine Scalefish Fishery Management Advisory Committee
The Minister will also seek two recreational fishing nominations from the Minister’s Recreational Fishing Advisory Council (MRFAC).