COVID-19 and the border
Information and updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak can be found on the Departments COVID-19 website.
Latest updates: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
- Explore your visa and travel options
- Frequently Asked Questions includes information for Working Holder Maker visa holders who are granted a Temporary Activity (subclass 408) Australian Government Endorsed Event (AGEE) stream visa. Note work undertaken on this visa does not count as specified work for the purpose of applying for a second or third WHM visa.
State and territory border closures
Some states and territories in Australia have closed their borders to non-essential travel due to COVID-19. Keep up to date with state and territory border closures and entry requirements.
COVID-19 Visa – Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)
The Australian Government has introduced the COVID-19 Pandemic event visa for workers in the agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability care and childcare sectors.
This visa :
- ensures visa holders retain their lawful status, so that they are less vulnerable and can adhere to health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community;
- provides a visa pathway for temporary visa holders in Australia who can assist in critical sectors to remain in Australia and work, where it is in the public interest to do so;
- provides a visa pathway for temporary visa holders who are unable to depart Australia and have no other options to extend their stay.