Do you need a hand to think things through?
The Department of Primary Industries and Regions initiated Family and Business (FaB) mentor service can help you during difficult situations as a primary producer or regionally-based small business owner.
It is a free, confidential triage service in South Australia, connecting you to assistance specific to your needs.
FaB mentors are located across regional South Australia to provide support and a listening ear when things get tough. They are:
- from a variety of regional business and agricultural backgrounds
- experienced in dealing with emergency situations.
FaB mentors will help you find ways to manage your unique situation. They work closely with service providers and can connect you to services, including:
- financial counselling
- local health networks
- emotional wellbeing and counselling services
- government and non-government assistance
- community organisations and donations.
The service is free for farmers and small businesses impacted by adverse events, such as:
- severe floods or storms
- fruit fly outbreaks
- fishing and aquaculture industry reforms
- wine industry market change impacts
- pest and disease outbreaks.
FaB mentors continue to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic, providing consultations via phone or video conference if required.
Contact the Eyre Peninsula FaB mentor – Steve Whillas: 0458 852 268