SA Government are seeking your feedback on a draft Heritage Tourism Strategy and Action Plan.
What’s being decided?
There is significant potential to unlock our state’s heritage places and stories. Over the next decade, heritage tourism efforts will focus on these three interconnected goals:
- Connect: Heritage encounters that deepen the visitor experience.
- Lead: A tourism industry that benefits from a professional heritage sector
- Conserve: Tourism activation conserves and enhances heritage places, sites and landscapes
Following extensive consultation with the tourism industry and heritage sector stakeholders as well as the feedback received from our previous consultation, we have identified:
- The strategies that will bolster these goals, and reflect stakeholder priorities for heritage tourism in South Australia, and,
- The actions that will be accomplished over the next two years.
A strategic, focussed approach to maximising the tourism potential of South Australia’s heritage will achieve the following key intentions:
- Growth in the visitor economy as a result of outstanding heritage experiences
- Investment and activity that conserves, retains and takes pride in the sites and stories that shape the South Australian heritage visitor experience.
We have developed a draft Heritage Tourism Strategy and action plan which outline our strategic approach to heritage tourism. We need your feedback to ensure we deliver a strong vision and framework for growing heritage tourism in South Australia.
For more information and to have your say: Draft Heritage Tourism Strategy
Consultation closes Tuesday 17 November 2020.