Calypso Star Charters have launched their new Local Environment Fund and are looking to support a wide range of local community groups, sporting clubs and schools in an environmentally conscious way.
Whether it’s a compost bin, a move away from single use plastics, LED lighting, a rain water tank or seating made from recycled plastic, the emphasis is to use local contractors, recycled material and provide ongoing benefit. The 2019/2020 contribution will be $12,000. Collaboration to leverage other funding streams for larger project will also be considered.
Projects that will be supported are –
- Replacing incandescent lighting with LED.
- Installation of window tinting and blinds to reduce air-conditioning.
- Solar powered lighting.
- Heat pump hot water systems.
- Solar PV generation (will not be considered if energy efficiency hasn’t been optimised).
- Electric vehicles.
- Planting of native trees as carbon capture and animal habitat, erosion or salinity control.
- Composting and soil improvements.
- Establishment of community gardens/veggie gardens.
- Provision of seating, signage and trails to enhance the appreciation of nature.
- Reduction in the use of plastic and increased levels of recycling.
- Conservation of water and water efficiency upgrades.
If you wish to apply for funding.