About TAFE SA
TAFE SA is the major public provider of vocational education and training (VET) in South Australia. Our core business is the design and facilitation of high, quality teaching and learning programs and services to a diverse customer base – locally, nationally and internationally. We believe strongly in our aspirational vision to become leaders in the provision of educational experiences which model and assist individuals, enterprises, organisations and communities (urban, rural and remote) to build futures which are economically, environmentally and socially sustainable.
TAFE SA is seeking to expand our register of qualified Hourly Paid Instructors (HPIs) in the fields of Allied Health.
As an Hourly Paid Instructor (HPI), you will be required to provide an educational service of training, assessment and guidance to students in accordance with relevant training package objectives. You may also be involved in the provision of consultancy services to industry/community clients. Delivery and Assessment will be both online/virtual classrooms and face to face classes. On some occasions this may include off campus delivery within industry.
We are seeking practitioners who ideally possess a background in any of the following; Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy Therapy (or other Allied Health Profession)
You will have relevant experience in your professional area of expertise, and you must have a desire and willingness to impart knowledge and skills onto others. You will be driven to keep up to date in the industry and continually develop skills in the role.
Hourly Paid Instructors (HPIs) within the Allied Health and Individual Client Support workgroups will be required to work with other lecturing staff in a range of roles for:
- Assessment of students on vocational placement;
- Assisting to assess theory and clinical skills;
- Teaching and assessing.
- Some travel is required to deliver to industry.
To be successfully appointed you must:
- be fully vaccinated including COVID-19 and Influenza;
- possess Cert IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or higher-level qualification in Adult Education
- possess any of the following;
- Occupational Therapy
- Physiotherapy or
- relevant Allied Health Professional Qualifications;
- possess industry currency in field of practice,
- have or gain a SA Working With Children Check (WWCC) prior to being employed which is required to be renewed every five years before expiry. A current DHS child-related employment screening will be recognised as a WWCC until it expires. Applicants who do not hold either clearance will need to apply at Department of Human Services (DHS) working with children check (WWCC) .
- be willing to undertake some out of hours work if required;
- have appropriate visas to be eligible.
Registrations of interest should include a CV outlining areas of experience in the field of practice, education and relevant qualifications.
Enquiries and applications to: Tara Calabro, Education Manager, Individual Client Support /General and Allied Health, TAFE SA
T: 8 7210 3094 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
***** Applications must be submitted to the contact person above*****
Registrations of interest close on 20 January 2023 in the first instance.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.