- Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network, Community Health
- Location across Flinders and Upper North Region
- Salary $33.54 – $35.74 per hour + 25% casual loading – Casual up to 30 June 2023 – AHA3
The Regional Allied Health Assistant role is to provide assistance and support to the Regional Clinical Services Team in the delivery of allied health services to patients/clients of the Team, under the supervision of an allied health professional.
Major challenges currently associated with the role include:
- Managing a busy workload and competing demands requiring the ability to organise and prioritise workload and time;
- Ability to assist with diverse activities and key accountabilities requiring the ability to work as a member of a team across a number of allied health professionals;
- Working with patients in individual or group settings with complex care needs and diverse backgrounds;
- Maintaining professional boundaries when responding appropriately to client and family/carer expectations.
The successful applicant must have a certificate 4 in Allied Health Assistance, or equivalent with experience working in a service environment.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
When you join our dynamic workforce you will escape the hustle and bustle of city life and be able to take advantage of the endless possibilities for adventure relaxation, recreation and sightseeing. In The Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network, you can experience cultural diversity, outback locations and regional city conveniences, whilst working in innovative roles to improve the community’s health outcomes and wellbeing.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.