Port Lincoln Aboriginal Health Service Inc
PORT LINCOLN ABORIGINAL HEALTH SERVICE INC
Registered Nurse/Midwife OR Registered Nurse
Fulltime 1.0 FTE, ongoing
PLAHS Employees Enterprise Agreement 2019, Registered Nurse Level 2
(negotiated according to qualifications/experience)
PLAHS is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Registered Nurse/Midwife OR Registered Nurse to complement Child & Parental Health services in its Aboriginal community controlled health service. PLAHS provides comprehensive primary health care services to some 1200 Aboriginal community members in Port Lincoln and surrounding areas.
The successful applicant will:
- provide family-centred, safe and competent delivery of clinical services in child and parental health
- work in partnership with all health care professionals within the multidisciplinary team
- deliver culturally appropriate health education to clients and community
- advocate on behalf of children and their families.
- develop, implement and evaluate strategies and resources to meet the health and wellbeing needs of the Aboriginal community
Position requirements include:
- current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife or Registered Nurse
understanding of issues affecting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal clients including children and their families
- experience in working with Aboriginal people
- excellent clinical skills
- a current full, unrestricted driver’s licence, a satisfactory Working with Children Check (WWCC), an Aged Care related DCSI Criminal History Check, a National Police Certificate and compliance with PLAHS’ immunisation requirements to be provided prior to commencement
The Job and Person Specification (including selection criteria) is available from the PLAHS website (www.plahs.org.au), Facebook Page and Reception – phone 86830162 or Reception@plahs.org.au
Enquiries to: Julie Glass, Program Manager Child & Parental Health – 86830162 or Julie.Glass@plahs.org.au
Written applications MUST address all selection criteria in the Person Specification and include a covering letter and a current resume with names and contact details of three (3) work-related referees.
Applications in an envelope marked “Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife” OR “Registered Nurse” can be forwarded to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Port Lincoln Aboriginal Heath Service
PO Box 1583, PORT LINCOLN SA 5606
OR emailed to Carolyn@plahs.org.au OR submitted via SEEK.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE STRICTLY AT 5:00pm Friday December 9th 2022
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.