Lutheran Education SA NT WA
Appointment of Principal
(Commencing January 2023)
If you are an emerging or experienced and successful educational leader looking for an exciting new calling, you may be the right person to join and lead our learning community. Crossways is seeking a passionate leader who will embrace community life whilst leading the school into the future.
Crossways Lutheran School, ELC – Year 10, is a key part of the community of Ceduna and nearby communities, situated on the Far West Coast of South Australia. A welcoming and diverse town, Ceduna offers the best of coastal and outback living with an abundance of prominent attractions nearby including Cactus Beach, Head of the Bight Whale Watching and Googs Track. There’s plenty of opportunity to become immersed in the community through various social groups and sporting clubs which are renowned in rural communities as key hubs of social life. Once you have laid eyes on the mesmerising beauty of this area and connected with its sense community and culture, it will stay with you forever.
Our school community learns, set goals, loves, laughs and lives together. Our core business is teaching and learning because it opens doors to the future and enables children to understand and appreciate more about their world. We believe all things come from God and each person is encouraged to find his or her place in the big picture, to discover the talents that God has provided and to return those talents to Him through a life of service to others.
We are seeking a leader who has the natural ability to empower our learning-community whilst working and learning alongside us. Crossways has a newly developed Strategic and Master Plan that will assist our new leader to guide our school into 2023 and beyond. The ideal candidate will have highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills, experience with leading, promoting and growing a school and with a working knowledge of Good to Great Schools Australia.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lutheran educator to join our dynamic and passionate learning-community and to embrace being led by our vision and strong pillars of our Christ-centred learning environment.
A position description and information package are available from:
Lutheran Education SA NT & WA
Ph: 08 8267 8401
Applications close 5.00pm Thursday 18 August 2022.
Your application/ expression of interest should be submitted by email to John Proeve, Executive Director, Lutheran Education SA NT & WA – email@example.com by no later than 5pm on Thursday 18 August 2022 and should include:
- A cover letter, including details of your preferred contact method, phone or email.
- A statement (maximum 4 pages) giving evidence of
- how the Capabilities from Growing deep: Growing Oneself; Engaging the Community; Leading the Team; and Focusing of Outcomes have shaped your ‘work’
- the vocational practices from Growing deep: Strengthening Lutheran Identity; Excellence in teaching and learning; Ongoing improvement and innovation; Community building; and Leading Effective organization and management.
- Curriculum Vitae covering:
- Full name, confidential email address, mobile and phone contact details, postal address.
- Teacher Registration details
- Positions held, dates, scope of responsibilities and key achievements
- Any other relevant information, such as memberships, involvement in professional community activities and organisations.
- The names, addresses (postal and email) and contact telephone numbers of at least four (4) confidential referees. These must include:
- Applicant’s present or previous employer (either Principal or Chair of School Council)
- A person who is familiar with the applicant’s academic and professional background and recent experience
- A person who can authoritatively comment on the applicant’s personal qualities and capacity to lead
- Preferably a Pastor of the Lutheran Church of Australia or a personable to comment on the applicant’s spiritual leadership qualities.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this position, please contact Mr John Proeve, the Executive Director of Lutheran Schools, SA, NT and WA, on 0427 591 859 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.