Golding Contractors Pty Ltd
Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is located approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. It has seasonal weather with warm balmy summer days and cosy fireside winters. Whyalla boasts exceptional fishing and wide open spaces to explore at your doorstep. It has excellent educational facilities with a new state of the art Secondary School and its own University.
Numerous vacancies currently exist for experienced Auto Electricians to be based at either our Iron Knob, Iron Baron or South Middleback Range sites located near Whyalla, South Australia.
These are residential roles, allowing you to reside in either Whyalla, Cowell or Port Augusta during your 7 days on. Bus transport is provided to site from Whyalla. Bus transport is also provided to SMR from Cowell and to IKMA from Port Augusta.
Excellent 7/7, day/night rotating Lifestyle roster working 12 hour shifts
We are looking for candidates who place the highest value on the safety of themselves and their colleagues. You demonstrate Golding’s culture of care, dignity and respect for the people, the equipment and the environment in the work that you do. We pride ourselves on our diverse workforce.
Key Role Tasks:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor the role is responsible for carrying out repairs and ongoing electrical maintenance on our fleet of heavy earth moving equipment.
- You will be responsible for the ongoing Auto Electric maintenance of our fleet of heavy earth moving equipment
- Working as part of a team to ensure minimal downtime of production equipment
- Actively participate in toolbox and safety meetings
- Participate in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Work Method Statement Reviews
- Trade certificate (Australian recognised)
- Strong electrical diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated ability in applying the site safety systems requirements
- Demonstrated safe, professional and productive behaviour
- Experience with CAT, Hitachi and Komatsu equipment is highly regarded
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as with minimal supervision
- Current Drivers’ Licence – HR preferred but not essential
- Excellent attitude towards safety and commitment to zero-harm
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Competitive wage package including generous allowances and incentive bonuses
- Permanent Role
- Opportunities for training, development and internal promotion
Please apply online below.
Golding is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.