About the role
You will be responsible for contributing to the safe operation of the TSF dam, in line with regulatory requirements, and as well looking after the Global Water operations. The role is critical in ensuring the requirements stipulated in the Operations & Surveillance Manual are adhered to, including complying with the Trigger Actions Response Plans.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the integrity of the TSF structure at all times, and reporting any deviations as stipulated in the operational manual
- Conducting regular safety interactions, observations and audits, reviewing daily trends and coordinating operational changes as required
- Managing inventory, orders and approval of invoices for water treatment chemicals
- Ensuring optimal operation of the recovered water system, maintaining water balance and water meter readings
- Supervising TSF crew, managing leave, updating training records and ensuring efficient completion of tasks
About your experience
You will have proven experience in a similar leadership role contributing to the safe operation of the dam within a mining, heavy industry or manufacturing environment. You are a confident and effective communicator with excellent decision making and delegation skills who is committed to reach and exceed production and safety metrics.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in Chemical, Industrial, Metallurgy or Process Engineering – or similar with experience
- Demonstrated experience working with water/solids separation processes, industrial water treatment,
- Strong understanding of Tailings Storage Facilities and dam management
- Previous experience leading and managing teams
- Previous experience with integrated work management systems
- Previous experience with contract and project management
- Previous experience with engaging and managing multiple stakeholders
About our team
SIMEC Mining, a member of GFG Alliance, has operations in SA and NSW. Our Iron Ore mining operations in South Australia’s Middleback Ranges, south west of Whyalla, consist of three primary mine sites: Iron Baron, Iron Knob and the South Middleback Ranges. Our Tahmoor Colliery in New South Wales, is an underground longwall coal mine with an associated coal preparation plant, producing high quality coking coal for global markets. Administration functions and ore pelletising and port facilities are located within the city limits of Whyalla, with corporate functions based in Adelaide and Sydney.
The Iron Ore business is on an exciting trajectory to expand our mining and processing operations with significant investment over the next three years. Our operations in Tahmoor NSW produce metallurgical coal for the steel making process where the business is currently investing to expand and extend the life of the operations.
Located on the Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla has over 100 sports codes and activities ranging from wind surfing and kite boarding, paddle boarding and kayaking, sailing, and diving, through to a thriving team sport community.
Whyalla is the region’s biggest city for retail shopping and offers a range of health care services through the local hospital, well equipped medical centres and three modern pharmacies. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities, most notable is the non-Adelaide based university campus in South Australia. Students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.