About the role
Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Systems Governance Manager, this role is responsible for spearheading development, compliance, implementation and troubleshooting of the Steelworks SAP Maintenance Work Management system. As an exceptional communicator and someone who can identify a problem and drive it to an outcome, you will be highly continuous improvement focused.
- Teach and govern all planners on what great looks like
- Independently operate to make sure the team follows process and the process is continuously improved
- Work with site and corporate SMEs to lead development and changes to the Work Management system
- Update and maintain Work Management documentation
- Liaise with GFG Work Management experts to roll out and represent the Whyalla Steelworks in system changes
- Maintain SAP Master Data standards and govern equipment data
- Consult regularly with SMEs about issues arising from Work Management, SAP or KPI’s, and work to resolve these issues using internal and external resources
- Create and generate reports for reliability and maintenance teams
- Conduct audits of Work Orders and Notifications and coach SAP users where required to ensure business standards are met
About your experience
As a subject matter expert and SAP super user, coupled with high level expertise in planning processes, you will be able to demonstrate what great looks like as well as teach and measure competency. As a highly experienced Planner you will be capable to go to the next stage in your leadership experience.
You also have:
- A high level of experience in Maintenance Systems and Planning
- Ideally from a manufacturing or similar heavy industry background
- Demonstrated capability to communicate with employees at different levels within the business
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel for the purposes of report writing
- Competent in other MS Office products such as Outlook, Word, Visio, and Powerpoint
- Site experience in a heavy industry and an understanding of plant maintenance practices is desirable
- Experience in Microsoft Access and Power BI is highly desirable
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey. Apply today.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.