About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Systems Leader this role is predominantly responsible for coordinating and controlling the Repairable items process within the business. This function involves the analysis and planning of repairable items, coordinating external repairs and ensuring repaired items are available to the business when required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assessing spares and Repairable items for repair
- Evaluating repair options. Including determining priority of repair, assessing bin levels and ensuring economical cost to repair
- Planning and coordinating the internal repaired items, ordering parts, developing workpacks and liaising with execution team
- Ongoing review and follow up of all damaged repairables, ensuring that in the event of a Plant failure/stoppage, spares are readily available, resulting in minimal downtime
- Communicating with other business functions to facilitate delivery of repairable items and components
- Making recommendations on inventory controls
- Assisting maintenance with the management, review and assessment of repairable items
- Maintain a disciplined inventory management process maintaining accurate records of recent past process interactions
- Attention to detail and adherence to Work Management principles
About your experience
As an articulate communicator with a high level of IT literacy you can skillfully make your way around computer systems and liaise with internal and external suppliers.
As well as a keen interest in continuously upskilling you will also have:
- Heavy industry, manufacturing, mining, defense or similar experience
- Planning and delivery coordination experience, preferably in the maintenance environment
- Demonstrated experience in CMMS/SAP or similar software system
- Trade, technical or other relevant background
- Highly level of computer literacy (including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level analytical skills
- Demonstrated capability to influence others to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.