About the role
Reporting to the Area Maintenance Lead, this role follows a roster pattern providing 7 days a week dayshift coverage with a 5×4 roster pattern equivalent for 42 hours per week to provide delivery of maintenance support to Steelmaking ensuring the plant and equipment run smoothly. You will be responsible for the coordination of resources to ensure all planned and unplanned mechanical maintenance work can be carried out efficiently.
Working with the planning and engineering teams you will help to deliver:
- Scope of work, specifically for equipment repairs
- Coordinating and executing planned and scheduled work
- Supporting your leader to execute planned and unplanned maintenance works
- Engaging contractors to perform work onsite including Authority to Work (ATW) or Permit to Work (PTW)
- Communicating and coordinating with operations personnel regarding equipment repairs and priorities
- Execution planning of all unplanned work using SAP
- Managing notification backlog and those requiring approval
- Ensuring employees and Contractors follow the Safe Systems of Work and all maintenance procedures
About your experience
With vast experience in maintenance execution in highly complex environments, you will bring extensive experience in shutdown management. Alongside your ability to mentor and coach people effectively you will also possess:
- Trade qualification, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage maintenance following a Work Management process through SAP (notification creation, purchase requisitions, Work Orders)
- Strong experience using Safe Systems of Work including Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Risk Assessments, Isolations, Working at Heights, Confined Spaces)
- Experience leading and managing trades in a unionised environment
- Working knowledge of equipment maintenance strategies and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Ability to scope out work packages
- Working knowledge of contractor management systems
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.