About the role
Reporting to the Iron Ore ICT Support Lead you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of communication services to the mining business that meets appropriate safety, voice quality, radio frequency standards, CCTV standards, telecommunication and data statutory requirements. Based in Whyalla, you will provide second level support capability, managing complex incidents and requests passed from the Service Desk, as well as escalating incidents and requests to third level support teams and external partners as required.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the internal ticketing queue and responding to incidents/outages that are affecting the business within set SLA timeframes
- Manage assigned project tasks and work with the business units to deliver within the agreed timeframe
- Assist the IT business unit to provide governance standards for all mining communication devices, including but not limited to any statutory or regulatory requirements
- Maintain and update all documentation including drawings, procedures, reports and schedules
- Manage the scoping, tendering and implementation of contractor-based tasks
- Maintain an in depth understanding of operational technology & support requirements, and recommend innovative technical solutions to satisfy these
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve safety standards and performance wherever possible
About your experience
You are a result focused ICT professional with a collaborative inclusive mindset who likes to drive improvements and make value-adding changes. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment to work effectively with a diverse range of people to ensure ICT service needs are delivered to a high standard across our operations.
Skills and qualifications required:
- A trade certification in Digital/Analogue Radio (preferred), CCTV and Electronics or equivalent, or related field/relevant experience
- Experience with two-way radio (DAMM Tetraflex digital radio, analogue radio), CCTV Digital/Analogue, Bosch or Panasonic), telephony (Alcatel-Lucent), network (Cisco), and security (Siemens SiPass) systems are highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience within a service delivery role in ICT
- Solid understanding of basic network protocols and standards
- An Open Telecommunication Cabler’s certificate or registration with structured cabling and fibre optic cabling endorsements – preferred
Other multidisciplinary ICT skills that will be highly regarded include:
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 10 and above
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 (and above) including VMware, Hyper-V and Storage Area Networking
- Contractor and vendor management/supervision experience
About our team
GFG Alliance is a collection of global businesses and investments owned by Sanjeev Gupta and his family. The Alliance has 3 core industry groups; Liberty Steel, Alvance Aluminium and Simec Energy , different businesses working together as one towards the delivery of a common industrial strategy. We are on a mission to invigorate metals manufacturing and engineering around the world by using sustainable solutions, new technology, local resources, and big thinking.
Whyalla is the region’s biggest city for retail shopping and offers a range of health care services through the local hospital, well equipped medical centres and three modern pharmacies. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities, most notable is the non – Adelaide based university campus in South Australia. Students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.