About the role
You will be responsible for the development, application and governance of our Steelwork’s Electrical and High Voltage Transmission and Distribution network strategies and standards.
You will also be responsible for:
- Improving the electrical network, through capital planning, business improvements and asset management
- Ensuring long term availability of equipment, spares and capability for all High Voltage and Low Voltage Electrical assets
- Providing site standards to support existing and proposed High Voltage and Low Voltage Electrical systems improvements
- Supporting the development, deployment, and management of the High Voltage risk portfolio.
- Supporting the electrical inspector to develop and implement electrical compliance policies and systems
About your experience
You will ideally have tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering coupled with experience in maintenance, scheduling, safety, and the general day-to-day operations.
You will also possess the following:
- Preferred experience in the management of industrial High Voltage network infrastructure, including Transmission and Distribution assets
- Ability to engage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders
- Sound understanding of manufacturing methodologies and improvement processes
- Background in a similar manufacturing, mining, oil and gas or heavy industry environment.
- Passion for new challenges and professional development
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.