Clean Seas Seafood Limited
Clean Seas is the global leader in full cycle breeding, production, and sale of Yellowtail Kingfish (YTK, Seriola lalandi) and is renowned world-wide for its exceptionally high-quality fish. Our company is recognised for innovation in Yellowtail Kingfish farming and has become the largest producer of aquaculture Yellowtail Kingfish outside of Japan. Our customers appreciate the consistently high quality of our fish and our reliability in supplying fresh fish to markets all over the world, 52 weeks of the year.
We are a leading Australian Aquaculture company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX:CSS) with a beautiful high-quality product that is marketed under the Spencer Gulf Hiramasa Kingfish brand, one of the world’s premium seafood products. The company’s expanding operational footprint includes multiple farm sites across the Spencer Gulf; our Hatchery in Arno Bay; Fish Health and R&D facilities in Port Lincoln; and our world-class Seafood Processing Facility in Adelaide where our group support functions are also located. Our growing Sales and Marketing teams are located across Australia, Europe and the USA.
- Feed Supervisor – Port Lincoln
- Feed Supervisor – Arno Bay
We currently have two roles available for Feed Supervisor at our Port Lincoln and Arno Bay farming operations on the Eyre Peninsula. Both positions will report to the Farm Manager and be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the site’s Feed Team and feed operations.
The Feed Supervisor will coordinate feed stock and movement as well as oversee compliance and maintenance of equipment and aquaculture vessels used for feed operations. The role will ensure set targets are achieved and effective and efficient service is delivered through a focus on high team performance, positive behaviours and professional development.
Strong leadership and communication skills are essential to maintain effective stakeholder relationships across the business and drive a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring safety first behaviours are a priority.
Although aquaculture experience is desirable, we are seeking a highly organised individual with a proven background coordinating teams, stock, equipment and resources in a similar environment.
- Plan and coordinate employees, equipment and resources across Feed delivery
- Work closely with broader management team including the Farm Manager, Fish Health Manager, Maintenance Manager
- Coordinate day-to-day workload and Feed Team rosters
- Improve team efficiencies and productivity by structuring workflow & assignments
- Ensure team activities comply with safety, regulatory and environmental guidelines
- Coordinate Feed stock, recommendations and stock movement
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Build process efficiencies and improvements, health and safety standards and support maintenance schedules
- Ensure compliance & maintenance of equipment & vessels used in feed operations
- Complete all relevant paperwork accurately, e.g. feed sheets, log books, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills are essential
- Data entry, including the analysis and interpretation of relevant data
- Ability to lead, develop and drive a safety culture
- Comply with the Work Health and Safety Policies & Procedures
- Ensure PPE safety equipment is used at all times, emergency drills are followed, and all staff are performing their duties safely
- Provide strong leadership, ongoing coaching and Team development
Skills and Experience:
- Aquaculture experience and a broad knowledge of aquaculture highly desired
- Experience leading teams and working in a team environment
- Ability to work confidently in marine environments and manage on-water teams
- Ability to drive boats an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Strong computer, numeracy and reporting abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong data entry and analytical skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills with attention to detail
- Effective organisational skills including a demonstrated ability to determine priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Proven people management, coaching and development
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence organisational and team culture
- Proven experience implementing Work Health and Safety Policies & Procedures
If you feel you have the necessary experience and drive to succeed in these key positions, we would love to hear form you. An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Clean Seas is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. Doing what’s right, working as a collaborative team and challenging boundaries help us remain focused on our goal of being Australia’s leading Aquaculture company.
Prior to employment you will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical assessment that includes drug and alcohol testing and provide a current Police Clearance Certificate.
Application and Contact:
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply now’ button and upload your Cover Letter and Resume in Word format. If you require further information about this opportunity before applying, please contact Julie Smith on mobile +61 436 408 472 or email email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.