City of Port Lincoln
City of Port Lincoln, an inclusive and connected community committed to excellence in lifestyle, culture, industry and innovation.
The jewel of the Eyre Peninsula, Port Lincoln is positioned adjacent the pristine waters of Boston Bay. With a population of almost 15,000, Port Lincoln is the regional centre for the Lower Eyre Peninsula and continues to grow within the agriculture, fishing and tourism industries. Port Lincoln is an accessible and rewarding place to live, work and grow.
The City of Port Lincoln is looking to trial 2 new positions that will deliver important Council services, predominantly on weekends. These positions will be responsible for undertaking a range of activities in order to facilitate compliance with a number of Acts and Council By-laws, maintaining the safety of our community and the amenity of our City.
At this stage, Council welcomes Expressions of Interest in these roles, and call for anyone interested to please submit a cover letter addressing the key objectives outlined below and your most recent resume including details of at least two business referees.
Key Objectives may include but are not limited to:
- Administer and enforce relevant Acts, Regulations and Council’s Local Laws, relevant to the role, through regular patrols, inspections and investigations, including parking, animal control and campground and park permits.
- Ensure animals are impounded and seized, in accordance with the Dog and Cat Management Act 1995, when required and support the proper and effective operation of Council’s pound facilities including cleaning, feeding, hygiene,
- Exercise powers, duties, and functions in accordance with the instruments of delegation as an Authorised Officer of Council.
- Ensure Council’s Service Standards are met, and customers’ requests are handled efficiently in a knowledgeable, confidential and timely manner.
- Patrol of local campgrounds to ensure compliance relating to camping permits.
- Playground inspections and maintenance
- Care and maintenance of Council’s irrigation systems
- Show an understanding of Work Zone Traffic Management including traffic regulations and road rules, and the setting up of traffic control devices
- Reporting of incidents, near misses, injuries, property damage and identified hazards
- Taking reasonable care to protect their own safety and the health and safety of others
What’s on Offer for you:
- Must be available to work weekends
- Part Time hours of work to be negotiated
- City of Port Lincoln Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2022-2025
- Classification Criteria Level 2 to Level 3 dependant on previous experience and skills
- Salary $65,078 – $67,906 per annum (pro rata)
- Additional 3% superannuation above standard superannuation guarantee of 10.5%
- Initial fixed term contract during 12-month trial
- Annual Uniform Allowance and many other benefits
- Port Lincoln a highly accessible regional centre with unrivalled lifestyle opportunity.
Expression of Interest Information:
Any enquiries about the role should be directed to the WHS, Risk & HR Administrator, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 08 8621 2357.
How to apply:
Utilising the key objectives stated above as a guide, your Expression of Interest should include, a cover letter addressing the key criteria of the role and your most recent resume including details of at least two business referees.
Email your application to email@example.com
Expressions of Interest close 5:00 pm, on Wednesday 30th November 2022.
The City of Port Lincoln is an Employer of Choice, Equal Opportunity Employer and a Smoke Free Workplace.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.