About the role:
This position will commence as a Trainee Train Controller in a form of a traineeship, which will assist the successful candidate to develop skills and capabilities to become a fully qualified Train Controller at the completion of the Training and Development process. This opportunity will require the trainee Train Controller to be responsible for the safe, efficient & effective guiding and management of the locomotives and other rail vehicles over the Aurizon Network in line with the network safeworking rules.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Commitment to safety and proven ability to apply safety management principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including direct customer contact
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills, often under pressure
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Demonstrable ability to work as a team member
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to interpret, process and analyse data
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
- That you are willing to work a 24/7 roster
You will be working and liaising in a collaborative team environment sharing innovative ideas to improve the availability of adequate resources to cover operational requirements.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
The Recruitment Process:
The successful applicant will be provided with the appropriate level of training in order to become a full qualified Train Controller. As part of Aurizon’s recruitment and selection process, shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake recruitment testing, successfully pass a pre-employment health assessment and also provide a satisfactory Police Check result.
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator, annually transporting more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 677912), please contact Tony Worby, Operations Manager, via 0429 672 391.
If this role sound of interest to you, please apply now!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.