The Department for Energy and Mining has announced the opening of round two of the Accelerated Discovery Initiative (ADI).
The ADI embraces innovation, collaboration and capacity building to advance exploration activity in South Australia, reinforcing the state’s international reputation as a leader in mining and mineral exploration.
Up to $4.5 million in co-funding is available in round two for approved exploration activities, including:
- Exploration drilling – single deep hole and multiple hole programs in frontier terrains, or drill testing new models and concepts
- Geophysical programs that focus on the application of innovation technology or improve the density or quality of data and accelerate data sharing amongst the exploration sector
- Logistical support associated with testing exploration in remote greenfields/new frontier regions
- Groundwater identification and testing
- Research collaboration and/or technology development such as machine learning
- Proof of concept proposals that challenge traditional thinking and drive new investment within and beyond the resources sector
The awarding of ADI funding involves two assessment stages:
- 27 November 2020 – Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) to be submitted online for internal review by the Department for Energy and Mining. All EOIs must be received online by 20 December 2020.
- 11 January 2021 – Projects approved through the EOI stage will be invited to make a detailed submission in the Request for Proposals round.
To learn more about the application process, download the Investor Guidelines, Project Timeline Template, Funding Agreement, and apply, visit: Accelerated Discovery Initiative