Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers is an Australian Government funded initiative to enable older Australian workers and recently unemployed older Australians to remain in, or re-enter the workforce. It provides personalised advice and guidance on upskilling for a current job, transitioning into new roles within a current industry or pathways to new careers, including options for relevant education and training. It helps older workers answer the question “What’s my next career move?”
What does a Skills Checkpoint involve?
You will work closely with a Career Advisor to assess your work experience, strengths and preferences, and undertake individually tailored assessments to identify career and skilling options to develop a personalised Career Plan, inlcuding:
- skills you can develop to get a new job or new career;
- skills you could enhance to increase your ability to perform in your current role; and
- advice and recommendations about skills and training options.
You may be eligible if you are:
- aged 45 to 70; and
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- currently employed or unemployed less than 12 continuous months and not registered for assistance through an Australian Government employment services provider.
For more information https://skillscheck.com.au/
Contact Busy at Work on 1300 359 061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org