A group of passionate South Australian food and wine identities have signed on to continue in their role as Premium Food and Wine Ambassadors.
The ambassadors, who are highly respected and passionate advocates for South Australian products, are Michael Angelakis AM, Victoria Angove, Ray Borda, Simon Bryant, Jim Carreker, Peter Gago AC, Richard Gunner, Callum Hann, Paul Henry, Shigemi Hirata (Japan), Mark Laucke, Gareth Lewis, Kris Lloyd, Rosa Matto, Dee Nolan, Andrew Puglisi, Warren Randall, Ulli Spranz, Hagen Stehr AO, Darren Thomas, Duncan Welgemoed and Wong Wing Chee (Hong Kong).
Since the ambassador program was launched in 2013, our ambassadors have been involved in a range of exciting activities that support South Australia’s premium food and wine including:
- Participating in the Royal Visit Food and Wine Showcase at Seppeltsfield attended by Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall – putting SA produce on the world stage
- Helping secure Adelaide / South Australia’s membership of the Great Wine Capitals Global Network, alongside eight other world renowned wine regions including Bordeaux and Napa Valley
- Influencing program development and participating in premium food and wine events including the Royal Adelaide Show, Tasting Australia, Ferment the Festival, Beer and BBQ Festival and Cellar Door Fest, showcasing the strength of South Australia’s premium food and wine to a local audience
- Showcasing SA food and wine to influencers in New York and San Francisco
- Assisting in the design of a demonstration kitchen at the new Loxton Research Centre
- Raising awareness of Port Lowly Cuttlefish
- Providing advice on the new South Australian Wine Industry Development Scheme
- Participating in Premium Food and Wine Toolkit videos showcasing our various industries
Participating in international delegations and industry events.
They have also received a number of highly esteemed accolades and recognition, further shining the spotlight on SA’s premium food and wine industries. Some of these include:
- Peter Gago announced as the Global Ambassador for the Great Wine Capitals Global Network as well as receiving the Companion of the Order of Australia (AC).
- Warren Randall’s Seppeltsfield International Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Award.
- Penfold’s named the world’s most popular wine brand for 2016 by London-based trade magazine Drinks International.
- Kris Lloyd attended the World Cheese Awards in the UK as a judge and winner of seven awards at the event.
- Ray Borda’s Macro Meats recognised as the world’s largest premium Kangaroo meat distributor.
- Duncan Welgemoed’s Africola voted 29th best restaurant in Australia as part of the Australian Financial Review’s Top 100 List.
- Jim Carreker’s The Louise placed number 53 in the Travel and Leisure Awards World’s Top 100 hotels.
The Premium Food and Wine Ambassador Program supports the State Government’s Premium Food and Wine Produced in our Clean Environment and Exported to the World economic priority.