The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is seeking feedback on mobile coverage in regional areas.
Eyre Peninsula residents are encouraged to provide feedback via the online survey. The survey will take approximately 10–15 minutes to complete.
Click here: Survey
The survey focuses on the following questions:
- how are businesses and consumers impacted by a lack of mobile coverage?
- would you support the provision of mobile roaming during emergencies?
- where can mobile coverage be improved?
The purpose of the ACCC Inquiry is to:
- inform future Government policy decisions on the provision of regional, rural, remote and peri-urban mobile telecommunications services
- investigate the feasibility of providing temporary mobile roaming during natural disasters or other emergencies.
The survey closes on the 5th of February 2023.
The ACCC intends to publish a draft report on or before 14 April 2023. A final report is due within 12 months from the commencement of the Inquiry (by 30 June 2023).