On Monday July 23, Regional Development Australia Whyalla and Eyre Peninsula in conjunction with Australian Border Force hosted the South Australian Trusted Trader Roadshow.
Industry representatives from around the region attended the free information session to learn more about becoming an Australian Trusted Trader (ATT). ATT is a ‘Free’ trade facilitation program with the aim to accredit Australian businesses who have secure international supply chain practices and reward them with access to a range of trade facilitation benefits. These benefits are designed to give Australian businesses a competitive edge and greater access to global markets.
Some of the benefits you will receive as a Trusted Trader:
- Priority treatment at Australian and foreign international borders where there are mutual recognition arrangements (MRA’s), providing quicker access to international markets. There are a number of additional international MRA’s currently under discussion/ negotiation
- Streamlined clearance processes into Australia including consolidated cargo clearance benefits and reduced import processing charges
- Direct access to a dedicated Australian Border Force Account Manager
- Confidence in your business through your partnership with the ABF
- Simpler eligibility/ processing requirements for APEC Business Travel Card
If you missed the ATT information session and would like to learn more, please contact:
Ryan Butta | Export Adviser
Department for Trade, Tourism and Investment