Yumbah Aquaculture is the largest abalone producer in the Southern Hemisphere. We grow premium and sustainable abalone in four locations across southern Australia. Yumbah employ a diverse array of people with a wide variety of specialised skills.
Located near Port Lincoln, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader as Manager of our Port Lincoln Abalone Farm. You will report to the Head of Landbased Aquaculture and will play a leading role within the growth of the Yumbah organisation.
The Yumbah Port Lincoln Farm Manager will be responsible for achieving abalone production targets and driving operational efficiencies. You will oversee the abalone propagation, growout and maintenance teams and be part of the Landbased Management team.
Skills and experience
Experience in aquaculture or agriculture management is required.
- Supervise and manage staff
- Achieve production volume targets
- Deliver harvest profile and quality standards
- Implement research and development program
- Maintain accreditation status
- Monitor environment and maintain optimum culturing conditions
- Drive efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Safety and wellbeing of staff
- Approx. 20 staff
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Tertiary or TAFE management/business/aquaculture science
- OHS certificate desirable
- Accurate and Organised
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Must use Initiative and judgement to achieve outcomes
- Team player
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.