YMCA of South Australia
- Responsible for the performance of the health club, group fitness and personal training programs
- Contribute to the prevention and treatment of chronic (lifestyle-related) disease by increasing targeted physical activity initiatives
- Create opportunities for people to participate with others through the design and delivery of programs and services
Port Lincoln Leisure Centre is seeking a Health, Fitness and Programs Director to champion physical activity, and improve our community’s physical, mental, and social well-being by actively increasing the number of people participating in our programs.
The successful applicant will provide leadership and direction to all staff within the stadium, health and fitness and group fitness areas of the business. Strong planning, reporting, marketing, and communication skills are essential. This position includes direct service health club shifts, as well as additional hours in Personal Training and Group Fitness Instructing.
We are looking for someone who creates a fun and exciting work atmosphere that is driven, hardworking, goal orientated and demonstrates the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA South Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has served the South Australian community for more than 170 years. With around 800 staff (and growing), we deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, community centres, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our aim is to develop the whole person, helping all South Australians connect with a better life. Not only their physical fitness and capabilities, but also their sense of identity, purpose, hope and dignity; psychological health; resilience; social connectedness; lifelong learning; and their own contribution back into the community. All the elements that together constitute a full, healthy, productive and satisfying life.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have, or be willing to obtain:
- (HLTAID011/003) Provide First Aid
- (HLTAID009/001) Provide CPR
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Certificate of completion for “Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care” Training
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed communication skills
- Proven capability to build strong and positive relationships with key stakeholders
To view the position descriptions for this role, please visit our website at https://www.sa.ymca.org.au/get-involved/careers/current-vacancies.
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Anna Ryan on 0457 604 155.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to Anna Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 12 September 2022
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. This includes:
- National Criminal History Record Check
- Working With Children Check
- International Criminal History Record Check where applicable
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy:
YMCA South Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people and other vulnerable people.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.