Workskil Australia Incorporated
About the Role
The role of Employment Broker will manage a caseload of local employers that generates vacancies suitable for customers. The role will also include undertaking ‘reverse marketing’ of customers to suitable employers, and the right person for this role will possess resilience, a genuine passion for recruitment and working with those in need. There will be a strong focus on generating suitable vacancies and building new relationships with employers with an aim to generating return business.
This position is being offered on a full time, ongoing basis and will be required to work across Port Augusta and Whyalla. Base site negotiable.
To be successful in the role you will be able to:
- Demonstrate your ability to identity and create employment opportunities for our customers;
- Demonstrate your ability to build relationships and grow a network of employers;
- Show case your enthusiastic, friendly and focused attitude to be able to deliver professional customer service;
- Demonstrate your exceptional communication skills with proven ability to build positive relationships among a diverse range of customers and employers;
- Engage and be a dedicated team player collaborating with your colleagues to ensure individual targets and team goals are achieved;
- Prove your ability to coordinate recruitment opportunities and work with employers to meet their employment needs;
- Prove your ability to reverse market customers and create opportunities for our customers
- Demonstrate high attention to detail with strong time management skills to be able to manage a complex administration workload; and
- Prove your ability to work with culturally or linguistically diverse people, Indigenous clients, ex-offenders, youth and disadvantaged groups.
You will also be required to:
- Hold a current driver’s licence;
- Have a minimum Certificate IV in Employment Services or Career Development or willingness to obtain;
- Show sound knowledge of the local labour market and the needs and expectations of employers;
- Have experience in sales or telemarketing in a service industry; and
- Have intermediate to high level administrative skills including ability to type at a minimum of 30 wpm.
Workskil Australia is a national not-for-profit and charitable organisation, with almost 40 proud years of supporting Australians to achieve sustained economic and social self-reliance. We do this by providing a range of employment, work experience, disability, youth, Indigenous and community services across New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
We promote a positive team culture where high performance can thrive. We value excellent customer service, integrity and honesty in our employees. We look for employees who have a genuine passion for working with those in need, are results-focused and can contribute to a strong team. In return for your truly valued contribution we will support your ongoing career development and offer a friendly, supportive & innovative environment for you to thrive.
We work hard every day to:
- Work with our Customers to secure great long-term job opportunities.
- Meet the labour needs of business and industry through quality recruitment services at no cost.
- Assist businesses with diversifying their workforce.
- Provide specialist employment and community services to people seeking work, including people with mental illness, injury or disability and Indigenous Australians.
- Deliver work experience projects to the community.
Our values remain at the heart of everything we do and we strive to conduct our business with the highest degree of care, integrity, respect, honesty and service. We believe that the care, respect and high level of service we give to all of our customers is our key point of difference.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. As Workskil Australia is a public benevolent institution, we can also offer a portion of the salary through tax effective salary packaging.
About your Application
For your application, please include both a cover letter and resume. Your letter should set out why you are the appropriate candidate for the role. For ease of upload, we encourage you to combine these into one file as a pdf or word document. Please also note that a psychometric assessment is part of the application process, so please allow yourself approximately 15 minutes to complete your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance and other checks that may be a requirement of the position. To learn more about working at Workskil Australia head to https://www.workskil.com.au/about-us/work-with-us/
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
Workskil Australia is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and applicants who have a disability. We deliver a range of employment and community services to children, young people and their families and are committed to creating a safe environment for children and young people in the delivery of these services.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.