Workskil Australia Incorporated
Our business is expanding! If you are looking for your next career opportunity, and you thrive in a customer service environment and want to help those in need, look no further!
About the Role
The Career Transition Assistance program is designed to help mature age people, aged 45 years and over, to build their confidence and skills to become more competitive in the local labour market. The program has a focus on the development of digital literacy skills.
This role will see you working across the region, where you will deliver group based services that are engaging and fun to improve the digital literacy and employability of mature age customers eligible for Career Transition Assistance (CTA). You will develop and facilitate high quality group training sessions to motivate and promote further job placements for our customers looking for work which will include mature age, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, migrant and refugee customers.
This role is being offered on a part time, ongoing basis located at our Port Lincoln site.
You will be a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. To be successful in this role you will also demonstrate and be able to:
- Promote the CTA program to Providers within the Employment Region and manage CTA referrals and attendance;
- Provide effective and compliant facilitation of our non-accredited pre-employment preparation program to our customers, including referrals to suitable vacancies;
- Work with our customers to prepare job applications for relevant employment opportunities;
- Prepare and educate participants on employer expectations;
- Communicate effectively with referring Providers to ensure they are aware of the progress of CTA customers;
- Ensure all administration of the program is undertaken in a timely and appropriate manner to facilitate a compliant and high performing service;
- Experience facilitating training tailored to suit a diverse audience;
- Demonstrated time management and prioritisation skills;
- Strong customer service/relationship building ability;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Outlook) including proficient keyboard skills;
- A genuine desire to support people to find sustainable work; and
- Ability to work with culturally or linguistically diverse customers and team members.
You will also be required to:
- Hold a current driver’s licence and have access to a reliable vehicle with flexibility to travel;
- Have a minimum 12 months experience working in Employment Services; and
- Be eligible for membership to the Career Development Association of Australia or similar; and
- Have a Certificate IV in Employment or Career Development and have completed three selected Modules from Certificate IV in WHS.
Workskil Australia is a national not-for-profit and charitable organisation, with almost 40 proud years of supporting Australians to achieve sustained economic and social self-reliance. We do this by providing a range of employment, work experience, disability, youth, Indigenous and community services across New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
We promote a positive team culture where high performance can thrive. We value excellent customer service, integrity and honesty in our employees. We look for employees who have a genuine passion for working with those in need, are results-focused and can contribute to a strong team. In return for your truly valued contribution we will support your ongoing career development and offer a friendly, supportive & innovative environment for you to thrive.
We work hard every day to:
- Work with our Customers to secure great long-term job opportunities.
- Meet the labour needs of business and industry through quality recruitment services at no cost.
- Assist businesses with diversifying their workforce.
- Provide specialist employment and community services to people seeking work, including people with mental illness, injury or disability and Indigenous Australians.
- Deliver work experience projects to the community.
Our values remain at the heart of everything we do and we strive to conduct our business with the highest degree of care, integrity, respect, honesty and service. We believe that the care, respect and high level of service we give to all of our customers is our key point of difference.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. As Workskil Australia is a public benevolent institution, we can also offer a portion of the salary through tax effective salary packaging.
About your Application
For your application, please include both a cover letter and resume. Your letter should set out why you are the appropriate candidate for the role. For ease of upload, we encourage you to combine these into one file as a pdf or word document. Please also note that a psychometric assessment is part of the application process, so please allow yourself approximately 15 minutes to complete your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance and other checks that may be a requirement of the position. To learn more about working at Workskil Australia head to https://www.workskil.com.au/about-us/work-with-us/
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
Workskil Australia is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or have disability. We deliver a range of employment and community services to children, young people and their families and are committed to creating a safe environment for children and young people in the delivery of these services.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.