Walga Mining & Services Pty Ltd
About the business
WALGA Mining & Services aims to recruit and retain the best talent and we are committed to unleashing the potential of our people by challenging them and giving them the support and autonomy, they need to achieve their goals.
We would like to hear from exceptional Fitters preferably with experience in the safe, reliable and efficient operational performance and maintenance of mineral processing plants (Ore Beneficiation & Crushing and Screening).
The role is located at the Iron Knob Mine Area, 54km from the city of Whyalla.
These are residential positions, where transport will be provided daily from Whyalla to the operation.
If you are a proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic team player with a high regard for safety, along with a strong work ethic and the ability to strive in a challenging environment, we could be looking for you.
About the role
The role will encompass the following duties but not limited to:
- Control Room Operation
- Diagnosing, Fault Finding, repair work to enable the plant to work at an optimal capacity
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance in line with maintenance plans
- Troubleshooting and maintaining a broad range of equipment
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of risk management processes and the use of safe work procedures
- Shutdown Maintenance planning and execution
- Adhere to WHS standards at every opportunity
- Complete all necessary documents including logs, routine task lists etc and provide both verbal and written reports where necessary
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate(s) will have;
- Current Applicable Trade Qualifications/Licence
- Current full C class licence – minimum
- Elevated Work Platform Accreditation and working at heights- Desirable but not required
- Confined Space Ticket
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within mineral processing – Desirable but not essential
- Extensive knowledge and experience with gearboxes, pumps and hydraulics would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organised, proactive, and self-motivated
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a somewhat remote location
- Excellent attitude towards safety of personnel, plant, and commitment to the environment
- Overtime may be required to work on shut downs or as leave coverage
- Commitment to working safely within a team environment
- Exhibit a flexible can-do attitude and sound work ethic
- Ability to be flexible and do whatever it takes to assist other team members
Highly experienced crusher/fixed plant fitters without trade qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
This position is residential from within the Whyalla region, therefore no FIFO or camp accommodation provided.
This is a great opportunity to work with a team that will challenge you to develop to your full potential.
WALGA Mining & Services is a 100% Indigenous Owned Whyalla based company.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander & Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications Close 5:00pm Friday 24th June 2022
Only applicants successful in progressing through the recruitment process will be contacted.
For further information please contact email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.