- Apprenticeship in a leading agribusiness
- Diverse and dynamic career opportunity
- Eyre Peninsula location
We are Viterra, we connect Australian growers with domestic and international consumers through our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network.
Viterra operates a storage and handling network of strategically located sites and port terminals spanning key growing regions in South Australia and western Victoria. We receive growers’ grain into our network, store it and move it to international and domestic markets.
Our unique culture empowers our employees to think innovatively and develop their careers in an exciting and supportive environment.
About the role
Viterra is seeking a motivated first year electrical apprentice in this exciting new opportunity. As an apprentice with Viterra you will join a busy and experienced maintenance team, and learn all aspects of the electrical trade while gaining a sound understanding of the agricultural industry.
On top of paid formal training delivered by an approved Registered Training Organisation, which will lead to a nationally recognised qualification, you will be part of an exciting team and have access to genuine career opportunities. The apprenticeship can be based at Port Lincoln or Ceduna, with other Eyre Peninsula locations to be considered.
Duties may include
- Installing, maintaining, repairing and testing various equipment in commercial and domestic environments
- Servicing, fault finding and repairing DC and AC circuits
- Listening to and understanding customer requirements
- Attending TAFE classes
- A minimum education of Year 12 with a sound knowledge of mathematics and/or completion of an appropriate pre-vocational course;
- A current Drivers licence;
- Be a motivated team player able to adapt to the changing needs of the business;
- Be willing to accept challenging roles and to take responsibility,
- Able to undertake Formal training at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
As well as providing an empowering culture, Viterra promotes a range of employee benefits including:
- Employee assistance programme – access to confidential and free support
- Corporate health insurance funds, financial services and gym membership discounts
How to apply
To apply, please visit the careers page of our website viterra.com.au, or for further information please contact Maintenance Manager Larry Scott on 0477 316 578.
Applications close Sunday 04 December 2022.
Please note we are not accepting recruitment agency applications at this time.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.