- Long-term career opportunity
- Relocation accommodation and support + on call allowances + sign on bonus
- Port Lincoln location
We are Viterra, the agriculture network. We connect Australian growers with domestic and international consumers through our world-leading, fully integrated supply chain.
Viterra operates a storage and handling network of strategically located sites and port terminals spanning key growing regions in South Australia and western Victoria. Growers deliver grain into our network, which we store on their behalf and move for them to international and domestic markets.
We offer interesting and exciting work with a unique culture that empowers employees to think innovatively and develop their careers in a dynamic and supportive environment.
About the role
The role of Maintenance Electrician (Electrical Officer) is a key part of our team at the Port Lincoln terminal. You will have the opportunity to use your industrial electrical skills to ensure fixed and mobile plant and equipment remains available for operational requirements. In addition, you will also be involved in maintenance planning and will support maintenance and engineering projects. Some on-call will be required.
- Develop and implement annual maintenance plans
- Undertake fault finding and repairs to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Participate in an on call roster to ensure maintenance coverage for trucks and shipping outside of normal working hours.
- Assist in developing and implementing solutions and strategies to respond to equipment failures and breakdowns
- Perform electrical (including PLC diagnostic) and mechanical tasks
- Assist in managing contractor permits to work and associated risk assessments
- Identify future maintenance budget requirements and capital upgrade project assessments and budgets
- Previous experience as an industrial electrician
- An Unrestricted Electrical workers licence (South Australia)
- Ability to work shift rosters to meet operational requirements
- PLC & Control System diagnostic experience advantageous
- Hazardous Areas maintenance & installation (dust) competency desirable
- Experience with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic system
- Experience maintaining fixed and mobile plant and equipment
- Ability to work at heights and within confined and restricted spaces
- Current drivers licence is essential
- A forklift licence is highly desirable
As well as providing an empowering culture, Viterra promotes a range of employee benefits including:
- On-call allowances
- Competitive remuneration package with a sign on bonus
- Employee referral programme
- Tools of trade provided
- Relocation assistanc
- Employee assistance programme – access to confidential and free support
- Corporate health insurance funds and financial services
How to apply
To apply or to see a detailed position description, please visit the careers page of our website viterra.com.au, or for further information please contact Maintenance Supervisor Brad Dennis on 0466 559 172.
Applications close 10 July 2022.
Please note we are not accepting recruitment agency applications at this time.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.