- Key leadership role on the Eyre Peninsula
- Attractive remuneration package
- Remote living allowance may be applicable
We are Viterra, we connect Australian growers with domestic and international consumers through our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network.
Viterra operates a storage and handling network of strategically located sites and port terminals spanning key growing regions in South Australia and western Victoria. We receive growers’ grain into our network, store it and move it to international and domestic markets.
Our unique culture empowers our employees to think innovatively and develop their careers in an exciting and supportive environment.
About the role
Viterra is seeking a dynamic leader to coordinate grain operations and resources within one of our key Western Region sites to achieve high levels of safety, quality, efficiency, and customer service. Our Western region spans across the Eyre Peninsula; and the role of Operation Supervisor at Lock is an integral part of our supply chain. Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, this role has operational responsibility for all storage and handling functions including staff and systems performance.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity of relocation after a fixed period in the position, creating an exciting prospect for career growth in a leading agribusiness.
- Ensuring growers, carriers and clients’ needs are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Planning and coordinating grain operations to meet or exceed the agreed targets, which will include safety, quality systems and efficiency targets.
- Build strong relationships with local grower customers and develop an understanding of their operations.
- Managing all bulk commodity handling, storage, protection and movement activities.
- Supporting the development and implementation of operational processes to ensure that existing, permanent and portable, capital infrastructure and equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and appropriate operational manner.
- Effective and efficient supervision, direction and leadership of the group’s employees and contractors.
- Proven supervisory experience within an operational environment
- Possess strong leadership and team building skills
- Exhibit outstanding communication skills
- Have the ability to problem solve and multi-task
- A willingness to accept new challenges and engage in professional development.
- Previous bulk grain handling experience desirable, including grain receival and export operations
- An understanding of grain harvest logistics desirable.
As well as providing an empowering culture, Viterra promotes a range of employee benefits including:
- Remote living allowance available
- Employee assistance programme – access to confidential and free support
- Corporate health insurance funds, financial services and gym membership discounts
- Tool of trade vehicle
How to apply
To apply or to see a detailed position description, please visit the careers page of our website viterra.com.au, or for further information please contact HR Business Partner, Maria Karatsinidis on 0459 844 417.
Applications close 11:45pm Sunday 11 September 2022.
Please note we are not accepting recruitment agency applications at this time.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.