University of South Australia
About the Role
Located in Port Lincoln, these positions will work closely with the Associate Professor: Rural Health Education and Training to develop strategies that support student placement activities as part of the Port Lincoln Aged Care Project. As the Rural Health Academic, you will be involved in the design, development and delivery of interprofessional education for undergraduate students, the aged care workforce and the community.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
The University of South Australia’s Department of Rural Health (DRH) is aligned to the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Academic Unit within the portfolio of the Dean: Clinical Education and Equity.
The DRH is funded through the Australian Government Department of Health’s Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) Program, which aims to improve the recruitment and retention of medical, dental, nursing and allied health professionals in rural and remote Australia in the following key areas:
- Providing effective rural training experiences for health students
- Developing an evidence base for the efficacy of rural training strategies in delivering rural health workforce outcomes
- Supporting rural health professionals to improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Increasing the number of rural origin health and medical students
- Maximising the investment of program funds in rural, regional and remote areas for the maintenance of well supported academic networks to enhance the delivery of training to students and the provision of medical services to communities
The Aged Care Project has been funded by the Commonwealth Governments as an extension of its RHMTP funding. The aim of the project is to increase and diversify training opportunities within aged care, with the intention of increasing levels of workforce recruitment and retention. This position will support development and delivery of student placement activity and workforce education in association with Matthew Flinders Home, located in Port Lincoln
- In consultation with UniSA and Matthew Flinders Home staff and external stakeholders, develop models of student placement in rural aged care
- Provide education support for students preparing for and attending rural aged care placement
- Design, co-ordinate and support the delivery of education to students on placement with Matthew Flinders Home, including development and delivery of interprofessional clinical topics
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the student placement activities by regularly monitoring, reviewing and evaluating quality and effectiveness
- Engage with Matthew Flinders Home staff, local health providers and workforce in the design, delivery and evaluation of workforce education activities
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualification that confers eligibility with the relevant registration as either a Nurse or Allied Health Practitioner
- Demonstrated experience as a clinician in a range of settings, including working with the elderly
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills suited to interacting with a broad range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills together with the initiative to manage multiple priorities
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the demonstrated ability to work successfully with people of all levels to provide effective training and support
The successful applicant will be required to comply with the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) directive in relation to COVID-19 vaccination to work in a health care settings
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sara Heidrich, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 0482 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4321.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday 22 August 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
It is an inherent requirement of this position that the successful candidate hold a current Vulnerable-person related employment screening assessment determining them fit to work with vulnerable people.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) directive to work in Health Care setting.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.