University of South Australia
About the Role
You will perform a broad range of administrative duties across several functions associated with the Port Lincoln Study Centre. The Administration Officer also provides an important first point of contact based at the reception for the Centre and supports the Department of Rural Health activities in Port Lincoln.
The position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and support for students and staff making use of the facilities for teaching, learning, research, and community work. It is an integral role that contributes to the smooth day-to-day operations for the Centre.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Provide a professional, personalised and customer focussed front office reception service that meets the needs of students and staff, including timely and responsive assistance and referral to appropriate areas of the University
- Utilise judgement to independently organise and administer the day-to-day running of the reception area, including the development and implementation of systems to support the smooth operation of the Port Lincoln Study Centre
- Provide administrative support to staff operating from the Port Lincoln Study Centre including word processing, data entry, photocopying, filing, binding documents, along with sorting and delivering mail
- Co-ordinate room and audio-visual equipment bookings for teaching, meetings and events, and assist students and staff with room and audio-visual equipment set-up as required
- Deliver administrative support to UniSA DRH activities including research, education, student accommodation and support for students on placement
- Maintain the Study Centre, ensuring the tidiness and cleanliness of the office, kitchen, meeting, and storage areas, in line with established WH&S procedures
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a reception or office administrative involving the provision of high-quality customer service to key stakeholders both within and external to an organisation
- Previous experience providing assistance to people from diverse backgrounds and at different levels in a sensitive, culturally respectful and proactive manner
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills to meet multiple stakeholder expectations with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures in a service delivery setting
- Demonstrated experience in using information systems and the Microsoft Office suite of programs
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Amra Delibasic, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4319.
Applications close: 11.30pm Wednesday 17 August 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.