This is a unique opportunity to join the Mining – Drill & Blast team in a dynamic and growing company at our Whyalla operations in SA. This position is residential in Whyalla on an 8 days on and 6 days off roster. This is a long-term project for SRG Global having been the drilling and blasting contractor onsite since 2013.
We are seeking a proactive individual to work closely with site personnel to ensure the project is run in a manner that meets the client’s expectation and SRG’s high standard of project delivery. The individual will provide leadership to site personnel and will ensure that work is completed safely and efficiently. This position will assist the Project Manager in continuously improving performance in project delivery giving SRG their competitive edge in the market.
- Reporting to the Project Manager, be responsible for the safe and economic execution of the project
- Liaise with client representatives on daily activities and inform the client of activities which may impact on mining operations
- Lead, mentor and provide direction and support to new and existing site employees
- Manage maintenance and condition of plant and equipment
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- At least 7 years drill & blast experience
- Supervisory or team leader experience
- Strong safety focus
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor personnel and manage client relationships
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Computer literacy is essential
- SA or WA Shotfirer Licence
- Formal qualifications in drilling.
SRG Global is an engineering-led specialist construction, maintenance and mining services group built to solve the complex problems across the entire asset lifecycle. We bring a unique engineering mindset to every construction, maintenance and mining project we touch. Working across the entire asset lifecycle, we provide bespoke engineer, construction and sustain solutions for our customers. We thrive on making the complex simple. It’s what we get out of bed for every day. We’re also a global company, so we get to work on different projects and challenges in many different parts of the world.
If you have experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high-performance team, this is a perfect role for you. In return we will offer you an attractive remuneration package, an opportunity to gain further experience and progress your career in a dynamic and growing company.
- An attractive remuneration package
- Access to our Salary Sacrifice opportunities, that include novated leasing, FIFO flights, electronics, tooling and home office expenses
- An opportunity to gain further experience and progress your career in a dynamic and growing company.
Click the “apply” button now and join our team.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.