We are seeking personnel to join the Mining – Drill & Blast team in entry level Blast Crew Labourer/Sampler roles at Whyalla, SA. This position is residential with client supplied transport daily from Whyalla, roster is 7 days on and 7 days off. This is a long-term project for SRG Global having been the drilling and blasting contractor onsite since 2013.
This role involves:
- assisting in blasting activities, such as loading and priming blastholes with explosives and operating the stemming loader
- assisting in blasthole sampling, such as collecting and preparing sample bags on the drill pattern
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Entry level position into mining
- SA Blasters Trainee Ticket – desirable
- SA Shotfirers Ticket – advantageous
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Able to perform labouring duties
- National police clearance essential
- Good communication and organisational skills, with an emphasis on team work
- A positive attitude towards safety, training & environment
- Pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol assessment
SRG Global is an engineering-led specialist construction, maintenance and mining services group built to solve the complex problems across the entire asset lifecycle. We bring a unique engineering mindset to every construction, maintenance and mining project we touch. Working across the entire asset lifecycle, we provide bespoke engineer, construction and sustain solutions for our customers. We thrive on making the complex simple. It’s what we get out of bed for every day. We’re also a global company, so we get to work on different projects and challenges in many different parts of the world.
If you have experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high-performance team, this is a perfect role for you. In return we will offer you an attractive remuneration package, an opportunity to gain further experience and progress your career in a dynamic and growing company.
Please click the ‘apply’ button now to register your interest in joining our team.
SRG Global are dedicated to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
*By submitting your personal information to SRG Global you consent to such information being collected, held, used and disclosed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.