Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Maintain the safety & quality of treated wastewater & recycled water to provide cost effective, efficient & optimised water services to our community.
About the Company:
SA Water is proud to deliver an important and essential service to 1.7 million customers every day. For more than 160 years, we have been working together with South Australians to ensure a reliable supply of safe, clean water services across the state, both regionally and locally.
About the role:
Be part of the Operations group as they build capability and capacity assisting with shaping our future and improve our data, analytics and performance outcomes. Create greater connectivity with internal and external stakeholders to better influence, manage expectations and control workflows.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator is based in the Iron triangle and is responsible for operating and maintaining Regional Wastewater Treatment Plants and Recycled Water Schemes to provide safe, efficient, and effective operations, ensuring that treated wastewater and recycled water are of the highest quality and safety.
Assuming operational control on-site, the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator will make day-to-day operational decisions within defined parameters, taking decisive action in consultation with the Wastewater Treatment Coordinator, Technical Process Officer (TPO) and Technical Support Officer Wastewater Treatment (TSO) to ensure effective and efficient operations, and best practice is upheld.
- Ensure appropriate responses to significant deviations from normal plant performance are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Decide on operational matters on a daily basis within established guidelines.
- Conduct daily operations in accordance with relevant Quality Management Systems (EMS, DWQMS, WHS).
- Maintain Wastewater Treatment Plants in accordance with asset maintenance plans when required.
- Assist trades with plant maintenance (repair/service/calibrations of plant equipment).
- Liaise with workshops and contractors to organise corrective maintenance of plant and equipment to ensure continued operation.
- Identify system issues, procedural changes and raising improvement suggestions, providing input into the development of capital and operational projects.
About the Person:
To be successful in this role, you will be motivated, a problem solver, and solutions-focused, while requiring a high level of motivation, autonomy and quality standard.
As a member within a technical team, our Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator will demonstrate technical expertise and strong interpersonal skills, being fundamentally analytical, dynamic and proactive, with an ability to intuitively and interpretively identify issues to seek effective solutions.
It is important within this role to be accountable, flexible and reliable with excellent time management and an ability to juggle competing priorities, traveling regionally as needed. This person will be collaborative and trustworthy, demonstrating outstanding communication skills.
In addition, the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator will require:
- Demonstrated operational knowledge of Wastewater Treatment Processes (desirable)
- Understanding of HS, Environmental and Water Quality principles and practices
- Ability to participate in an on call roster
- Required to perform laboratory analysis
- Good PC skills to record data, schedule work, email, order materials and services as well as good skills for completing routine paper work
- White Card
- This role can be based at either Whyalla, Pt Pirie or Pt Augusta but will require the candidate to travel within the Iron triangle
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Working with a company that values growth and support of its employees, customers, the wider community
- Contributing to the sustainability of a significant, essential public service
- Working for a highly reputable organisation
- Backed by a supportive, inclusive, and value-aligned team culture
If you have a passion to work within a diverse, customer-centred business, filled with passionate and self-motivated people, where fresh thinking is valued and innovation is embraced, we want to hear from you. If you relish working in an evolving environment, have a desire to work collaboratively amongst a wealth of talent, partake in rewarding work with a purpose in an exciting industry, SA Water is a great place to be.
For a copy of the position description or for further information, please contact Claire Aldridge, Recruitment Partner at Harrison McMillan via email: recruitment@HMRPO.com.au or contact our office on 08 8424 2400.
At SA Water the health and wellbeing of our people is important to us. Our people are encouraged to have a healthy work/life balance, look after themselves and focus on their personal health and wellbeing goals. Visit our website and learn what it’s like to Work with us. https://www.sawater.com.au/about-us/careers/work-with-us
We believe great outcomes for our customers are best delivered by a diverse and inclusive team that reflects our community. That’s why we encourage people seeking flexible working arrangements and from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, to apply and join our team.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.