Diversity within our workforce is valued and continues to evolve. Our 2023 Apprenticeship Program within our specialist business unit, Maintenance, supports our efforts to build diversity and encourages anyone interested in gaining a trade qualification to apply.
Many of our apprentices over the past decade continue to work within our business, demonstrating our support for professionals to use their skills and experience to create stable and successful careers.
As our newly appointed Electrical Apprentice, working with the Maintenance team at our Pt Lincoln Workshop, you will achieve vital trade skills and development, while providing essential services to our community and customers.
Your responsibilities for this opportunity include:
- Performing on-and-off the job training and study
- Building switchboards and control systems for pumps, valves and tanks
- Working with ultrasonic and telemetry equipment
- Maintaining the supply of power to SA Water assets
- Working on large scale projects
- Complete schedule maintenance on equipment
Your success in this role will come from:
- Committed to undertaking and successfully completing a Cert III in Electro Technology (4 year course)
- Hard working and dedication to your future career, employer of choice and customers
- Developing skills and behaviours to work with a collaborative team
- Building your communication and customer interaction skills
- Acquiring health, safety and environmental awareness
To apply you will have completed year 10 (School-based apprenticeships will also be considered). You will either have a full driver’s licence, P1, P2 or be on the way to achieving your licence for school based, which must be held throughout the duration of this role.
We believe great outcomes for our customers are best delivered by a diverse and inclusive team that reflects our community. That’s why we encourage people from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, to apply and join our team.
To apply, click ‘apply’ and submit your cover letter and resume. Applications close Sunday 6th November 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.