About the Company:
SA Water is proud to deliver an important and essential service to 1.7 million customers every day. For more than 160 years, we have been working together with South Australians to ensure a reliable supply of safe, clean water services across the state, both regionally and locally.
About the role:
An exciting opening exists within our Maintenance team, offering the desired candidate the opportunity to join an organisation which focuses on customer satisfaction, understanding broader community needs, and the assurance of continuity in the delivery of exceptional service.
The Maintenance Tradesperson will safely maintain, repair and upgrade infrastructure on water and wastewater systems to increase levels of performance, reliability and availability of our assets, contributing to the long-term viability of safe, clean, and dependable water services for our community.
- Contribute to an effective safety and constructive culture
- Participate in asset maintenance and capital delivery works
- Participate in effective works management
- Contribute to continuous improvement, innovation and performance monitoring
- Ensure quality customer service is achieved
- Maintain and support strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to maximise service delivery and revenue opportunities
- Display a proactive approach to workplace safety and model excellent safety behaviours
About the Person:
The ideal candidate will present as a highly dynamic, technical and collaborative individual, with both demonstrated mechanical knowledge of fixed plant equipment, and a strong ability to build, foster, and maintain strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders. It is a requirement that the Mechanical Tradesperson presents as highly analytical, mechanically-minded, able to assess technical operational problems within the asset network.
To be successful in this role, an ideal candidate will demonstrate the capability to both manage and meet expectations in a timely and efficient manner, while offering flexibility for some after hours working capacity as well as mandatory intra and interstate travel when required.
In addition, the Asset Management System Lead will also require:
- Relevant Mechanical Trade Certificate or Tertiary Qualifications (essential)
- Ability to work under limited supervision and in a team environment (essential)
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake further training where required, such as chlorine works (essential)
- Understanding of work health and safety and the ability to manage safety and risk (essential)
- Ability to analyse technical operational problems and recommend appropriate solutions while working under limited supervision (essential)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (essential)
- Competent with computer/software applications (essential)
- Experience running and/or managing small projects (desirable)
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Working with a company that values growth and support of its employees, customers, the wider community
- Contributing to the sustainability of a significant, essential public service
- Working for a highly reputable organisation
- Backed by a supportive, inclusive, and value-aligned team culture
If you have a passion to work within a diverse, customer-centred business, filled with passionate and self-motivated people, where fresh thinking is valued and innovation is embraced, we want to hear from you. If you relish working in an evolving environment, have a desire to work collaboratively amongst a wealth of talent, partake in rewarding work with a purpose in an exciting industry, SA Water is a great place to be.
For a copy of the position description or for further information, please contact Claire Aldridge, Recruitment Partner at Harrison McMillan via email: recruitment@HMRPO.com.au or contact our office on 08 7071 7273.
SA Water believe great outcomes for their customers are best delivered by a diverse and inclusive team that reflects our community. That’s why SA Water encourage people seeking flexible working arrangements and from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, to apply and join the SA Water team.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.