- Full time 6-month and 12-month contracts
- Located in Port Lincoln/Cummins, South Australia
- Work for a wholly owned South Australian government enterprise
- Great team working environment
About the Company
SA Water is proud to deliver an important and essential service to 1.7 million customers every day. For more than 160 years, we have been working together with South Australians to ensure a reliable supply of safe, clean water and a dependable sewage system.
About the role
As a Field Technician you will contribute to customer satisfaction, safety, environment, and water quality, by carrying out field-based preventative, corrective maintenance, emergency response activities and new construction projects.
Along with this you will also be responsible for the following:
- Ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Clear communication between customers and colleagues
- Maintain tools, materials, and equipment
- Comply with SA Water OH&S practices
- Participate in an on-call roster, out of hours work as per business needs
- Able to work in a team as well as on your own
About the Person
To be considered for this role you will need to have an enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn, as well as strong communication skills.
Key requirements of the role include:
- SA Water requires all workers to be double vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Must be willing to participate in an on-call roster as per business needs.
- Valid Driver’s Licence (ability to drive manual)Pre-employment medical and Police Check will be required as a part of the recruitment process.
- Previous experience using powered tools and plant equipment
- Certificate in Work Zone Traffic management
- Certificate 3 in water operations
- Heavy vehicle licence
- Tech savvy and able to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of water and wastewater operations
- OH&S knowledge
- Any additional trades and tickets will be desirable
If you have a passion to work within a diverse, customer-centred business, filled with passionate and self-motivated people, where fresh thinking is valued and innovation is embraced, we want to hear from you. If you want rewarding work with a purpose in an exciting industry, SA Water as an organisation is a great place to be.
For a copy of the position description or for further information, please contact Natalia Carter, Recruitment Partner at Harrison McMillan via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the office on 08 7071 7273.
Please submit applications in Word format.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.