- Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network, Whyalla
- Salary: $94,583 – $101,120 p.a (pro rata) – Ongoing Part Time – RN/M2A
Provide nursing and/or midwifery services in a variety of health service settings which has been consolidated by experience and/or further study with staff at this level developing from competent to proficient practitioners.
Accepts accountability for their own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff.
Provide support to the Nursing/Midwifery Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in the leadership of nurses/midwives in the ward/unit/service.
Employees in this role will undertake a portfolio within which they will:
- Promote continuity and consistency of care in collaboration with other AN/MUM and the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent;
- Assist the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in the implementation of practice changes; and
- Assist the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in undertaking ward/unit/service management responsibilities, e.g. Performance management processes, recruitment, staffing, leave management, rostering, work allocation and attendance management; financial and supplies planning and monitoring.
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold a current practicing certificate.
When you join our dynamic workforce you will escape the hustle and bustle of city life and be able to take advantage of the endless possibilities for adventure relaxation, recreation and sightseeing. In The Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network, you can experience cultural diversity, outback locations and regional city conveniences, whilst working in innovative roles to improve the community’s health outcomes and wellbeing.
In addition to the annual salary package we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
This is a part time vacancy, working 64 hours per fortnight and salary will be adjusted according to actual hours worked.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.