- Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network, IMHIU, Whyalla
- Salary $94,583 – $101,120 per annum – Ongoing Full Time – RN/M2A
Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network Mental Health embraces the principles of positive psychology and aims to be a flourishing Mental Health service that impacts meaningfully and positively on the communities it serves. The Integrated Mental Health Inpatient Unit (IMHIU) in Whyalla provides acute mental health inpatient care. The unit has been designed to provide a therapeutic environment through open, welcoming and home-like spaces.
As the Associate Nurse Unit Manager – IMHIU, he/she will provide nursing services in a variety of mental health service settings which has been consolidated by experience and/or further study with staff at this level developing from competent to proficient practitioners. He/she will accept accountability for your own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff. He/she will provide support to the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in the leadership of nurses in the ward/unit/service.
The Associate Nurse Unit Manager will undertake a portfolio within which they will:
- Promote continuity and consistency of care in collaboration with other Associate Nurse Unit Managers and the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent;
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager in contributing to the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated range of evidenced based, recovery oriented services across the multi-disciplinary Local Health Network (LHN)Mental Health (MH) service appropriate to the needs of the consumer and the local community; and
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in undertaking ward/unit/service management responsibilities e.g. Performance management processes, recruitment, staffing, leave management, rostering, work allocation and attendance management; financial and supplies planning and monitoring.
The successful applicant must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate and must hold a relevant postgraduate qualification in Mental Health practice. They must have at least 3 years post registration experience or currently classified as a Clinical Nurse. They must have a demonstrated competence in Mental Health practice in accordance with the appropriate standards of practice; experience in management and leadership roles in a multidisciplinary team, including the leadership, supervision and direction of student nurses, enrolled nurses and less experienced registered nurses /clinicians and experience working with Aboriginal consumers.
In addition to the annual salary package, we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
When you join our dynamic workforce you will escape the hustle and bustle of city life and be able to take advantage of the endless possibilities for adventure relaxation, recreation and sightseeing. In The Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network, you can experience cultural diversity, outback locations and regional city conveniences, whilst working in innovative roles to improve the community’s health outcomes and wellbeing.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.