- Eyre and Far North Local Health Network, Ceduna
- Salary $94,583 – $101,120 per annum – Ongoing Full Time – RN/M2A
As the Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM), you will provide nursing services to the renal dialysis unit with Ceduna District Health Services. Your nursing services will have been consolidated by experience and/or further study, developing from competent to proficient practitioner. You will deal appropriately and relevantly with children, youth, women and their families where there are multiple complexities, diverse cultural backgrounds and expectations of clients.
The ANUM will provide support to the Nursing/Midwifery Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in the leadership of nurses/midwives in the ward/unit/service. You will accept accountability for your own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff.
In this role you will undertake a portfolio within which they will:
- Promote continuity and consistency of care in collaboration with other AN/MUM and the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent.
- Assist the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in the implementation of practice changes: and
- Assist the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in undertaking ward/unit/service management responsibilities, eg. Performance management processes, recruitment, staffing, leave management, rostering, work allocation and attendance management; financial and supplies planning and monitoring.
Registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse/Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
Registered Nurse/Midwife with at least 3 years post registration experience or currently classified as a Clinical Nurse/Midwife.
- Experience in the use of computer packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated competence in haemodialysis in accordance with the appropriate standards of practice.
- Experience in the supervision of student nurses, enrolled nurses and less experienced registered nurses.
In addition to the annual salary package, we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Being part of Eyre and Far North Local Health Network means you will be supported both personally and professionally, can take advantage of education and training opportunities, will have access to flexible working hours and be part of an inter-professional approach to holistic health care.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.