RetireAustralia Pty Ltd
RetireAustralia is the largest private owner and operator of Retirement Villages in Australia. Our purpose is to serve our residents and customers and be the best retirement community owner, operator and care services provider for older Australians. RetireAustralia currently operates a portfolio of 29 established villages throughout New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Gardener (non-trade) to join our dedicated and hardworking team on a permanent part time basis at our Lincoln Grove Retirement Village based in Port Lincoln. This position is integral as part of developing RetireAustralia to become one of the leaders in the industry, placing our residents at the centre of everything we do. You will be responsible for providing exceptional gardening services to the residents of the village in a respectful and professional manner, maintaining privacy, respect and dignity at all times.
- Working hours: 4 days a week for 6.5hrs a day.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of gardens and grounds to a high professional standard, as directed by the Village Manager;
- Keep all work areas and equipment clean and tidy;
- To manage gardening in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel when required;
- Attend to all required paperwork;
- Attend to requests from residents in a respectful and enthusiastic manner to their garden areas;
- Renovation and refurbishment of existing gardens;
- Other tasks from time to time as required by the Village Manager
You will have a genuine interest in the retirement industry and find working with seniors a rewarding experience. You must be passionate about customer service ensuring a high standard of presentation and above work well within a team. To be successful you will have the following:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role
- General gardening knowledge and experience
- Irrigation knowledge highly advantageous
- Current First Aid Certificate; and
- A current Police Clearance Check less than six months old
- Knowledge of legislative WH&S requirements
- The ability to build strong relationships within the team and residents
- A clean, neat and tidy appearance and a can do positive outlook
If you are looking for the opportunity to develop a career and contribute to the success of RetireAustralia and the satisfaction of our residents, please ‘apply’ below.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.