Novita provides early intervention, rehabilitation, therapy, assistive technology and disability services to more than 4,300 people living with disability, as well as support for their families and carers. Our primary purpose is to enable kids, young people and adults living with disability and their families to participate in the community to their full potential.
As a Senior OT at Novita, you will support our clients across their lifespan in key areas such as independence skills, sensory processing, equipment, and helping them to achieve their developmental milestones. You will have the opportunity to provide guidance to a team of occupational therapists through direct supervision, mentoring, and collaboration around service development and provision.
Novita is well known for its life-changing services. ” Your services, your way” is how we are creating and delivering a Person centric service with positive outcomes for our clients and their families and carers. Novita Services is seeking an outstanding Senior Occupational therapist to join the therapy team in the Therapy Office in Whyalla.Novita Occupational Therapists have access to:
- A diverse caseload with opportunities to deliver services across a variety of settings and age groups including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Supervision and support structure that’s tailored to your needs
- Internal and external professional development opportunities.
- A wealth of experience working as a part of our multi-disciplinary team
- Operational support from our Scheduling team, who can help with booking clients, Novita vehicles and therapeutic resources.
- Flexible working arrangements negotiated to meet your individual needs
The Senior OT will undertake the following activities:
- Managing clinical caseload involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the appropriate treatment/management program
- Selecting, applying and evaluating the effectiveness of interventions and their ability to meet goals and objectives in line with organisational practice standards
- Designing and executing clinical interventions under the guidance of experienced clinical staff based on evidence based practice
- Providing orientation and performance feedback to Occupational Therapists under their supervision
- Assisting in the delivery of training and education programmes to a range of employees within the organisation and other relevant external organisations
- Supporting Novita’s commitments to tertiary student education and, where appropriate, be directly involved in student supervision
Along with Registration with AHPRA as an Occupational Therapist, to be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Working in the disability sector, within an early intervention, paediatric or adult setting
- Working with autism spectrum disorder or clients with a physical disability diagnosis
- Demonstrated awareness and experience to apply a range of clinical interventions
- Demonstrated performance in supporting the clinical development of other therapists
- High-level skills in assessment, clinical recommendation and therapy provision, report writing and reflective practice.
- A solutions-focussed approach to support service and program development
- A strong contributor to workplace culture and team morale
- Valid driving licence and willingness to use own vehicle for travel
- NDIS worker screening, DHS Working with Children and Criminal History Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (SA mandate).
Total remuneration package includes base salary, annual leave loading and statutory superannuation contribution. Enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary, increasing your take-home pay by approximately $5,000. Further salary-packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire, private novated leasing, and additional superannuation contributions.
Apply Now and make a difference!
If you are a passionate Occupational Therapist and possess Novita’s ICARE values then we would like to hear from you. If you would like to have a confidential conversation before applying, contact Hugh van Baar, Manager (Yorke & Mid North) on 08 7641 3452.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 15th August 2022
Novita is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants with a disability and/or who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a criminal history check prior to confirmation of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.